Affiliate links are used in this post.
I always love to share my food and recipes! These cherry chocolate chip oatmeal cookies are simply delicious. The cherries add a bit of tartness and the chocolate chips add the perfect amount of sweetness!
Ever since I was little, I have always loved baking. I remember helping my mom make homemade cookies when I was only four or five years old. Year after year, my mom continued to teach me all of her favorite recipes. Especially as I got older, I would bake a lot on my own too. Pinterest was the real life-changer because then I could bake anything that I could imagine…and even what I never thought of making before, I could find on Pinterest!
Today, I rely on Pinterest so much for recipes, whether it be desserts or meal prep! Lately though, I’ve been trying to focus on making healthier sweets. Overall, I try to eat healthy, but with the big sweet tooth I have, it’s impossible to avoid desserts. I believe that’s okay as long as you are eating them in moderation! There are so many ways to make delicious treats healthier now. These cherry chocolate chip oatmeal cookies have no added sugar and use whole wheat flour. Definitely a lot healthier than if you bought them at the store! (But still very tasty)
Serves: 16 Prep Time: 10 minutes Cook Time: 10 minutes
1 teaspoon baking powder
¾ cup whole wheat flour
Pinch of sea salt
2 tablespoons coconut oil, melted
1/3 cup organic honey
½ teaspoon vanilla
¾ cup Quaker quick oats
¼ cup dark chocolate chips
1/3 cup Cherry Republic dried cherries
- Preheat oven to 325°F.
- In a small mixing bowl, combine the baking powder, flour, and salt. Set aside.
- With a mixer, blend the egg, coconut oil, honey, and, vanilla together.
- Add the flour mixture and blend. Next, add in the oats.
- Finally, gently stir in the chocolate chips and dried cherries.
- Spoon heaping tablespoons of the cookie dough onto a baking sheet.
- Bake for 10 minutes, or until the bottom of the cookies is golden brown.